Our school uniform
Our uniform gives pupils a sense of belonging to our school and creates an identity for the school in the community. The school expects all children to wear their school uniform with pride. We believe that wearing it promotes better attitudes towards work and a feeling of belonging to the school.
Children are, of course, expected to be suitably dressed for a variety of indoor and outdoor activities which they will be pursuing during the day. Please ensure that all your child’s clothing is clearly marked with his/her name. Whilst every care is taken, the school does not take responsibility for clothes lost or mislaid.
We acknowledge that Parents should not have to think about the cost of a school uniform when choosing which school(s) to apply for. Therefore, Little Thurrock Primary School endeavours to ensure that our uniform is affordable.
In considering cost, we aim to reduce the total cost of our school uniforms, taking into account all items of uniform or clothing parents will need to provide while their child is at our school.
We, therefore, keep the use of branded items to a minimum in that the only branded compulsory item (Reception to Year 5) is the book bag supplied by Snappy Schoolwear.
We have chosen Snappy Schoolwear as our provider of branded items.
We have a selection of second-hand uniforms available for parents to acquire. Please speak to Mrs Fleming if you require any items from our pre-loved uniform supply.
Nursery to Year 6
- A plain white shirt, polo shirt or blouse (branded or generic)
- Navy trousers, skirt or pinafore dress
- A plain navy jumper/cardigan or school sweatshirt (branded or generic)
- Black shoes, black trainers or sandals with a flat heel
- Navy and white school dress or navy shorts (without piping or logo)
Little Thurrock branded book bag (purchased through Snappy Schoolwear)
- Plain Navy or black shorts, a plain white T-shirt and trainers.
- Plain Navy or black tracksuit for cold weather